On Monday, April 7th, at Le BAL in Paris, the French National Center for the Visual Arts (CNAP) organized a morning meeting—the Rendez-vous photo du soutien à la création—for photographers and photo world professionals who recently received funding to support their work. This half-day was the realization of Le BAL director Diane Dufour’s promise following the first edition of the event in April 2013.
This was just the latest in a series of measures taken by the CNAP to highlight these projects, to follow their development and dissemination, and to encourage a dialogue with professional contemporary art networks.
Twelve recipients of CNAP grants for photography—two publishers, two galleries and eight photographers— presented their projects to an auditorium full of directors of art centers, collectors, booksellers, theorists and art critics.
Hosted by Brigitte Patient, a journalist and the producer of the radio program Regardez Voir on France Inter, the presentation featured several examples of the paths taken by works supported by CNAP:
– Christine Ollier – Galerie Les Filles du Calvaire – Thierry Fontaine et Ismail Bahri
– Myr Muratet – Wasteland
– Anne Marie Filaire – Révolution
– Guillaume Greff – Dead Cities
– Harry Gruyaert – Le Caire, Egypte 2012-2013
– Eric Cez – Ed Loco – La dérivé Mexicaine – Paysage Cosa Mentale
– Valentine Vermeil – Bab-El
– Bruno Fert – Les Absents
– Alexis Cordesse – Border Lines
– David Barriet et Philippe Artieres – Le Point du jour – La révolte de Nancy
– Gilles Drouault – Galerie de Multiples – Viriya Chotpanyavisut
– Céline Clanet – Kola
After the meeting, twenty photographers who received grants from CNAP supporting documentary photography shared portfolios of their works in progress and discussed their future. The morning made it possible for photo world professionals to discuss potential collaborations and discover new photo projects.
This special day at L’Oeil was organized by Sara Giuliattini.