The 5th edition of Les Nuits Photographiques will take place in Le pavillon Carré de Baudouin, Paris 20th district, from September 17th to December 12th 2015. Photographic art and the way it is presented to the public are changing. We’re looking for news ways of showing photography and creativity with mixed media. Les Nuits Photographiques festival has been created to offer a platform to present these new forms of photography. The festival is the first dedicated to photofilms or pictures in motion. They use the term “photo-films” (or filmsphotographiques in French) to encompass all forms of creation using photography that are presented and intended for the screen such as: POM, webdoc, slideshows, time lapse, stop motion, hybrid and experimental uses of photography and multimedia.
Enter Now to participate to evenings of screenings and compete for prizes in the 5th edition of the festival!
• THE NUITS PHOTOGRAPHIQUES PRIZE
Award of 1500 €
The festival’s artistic directors will select around twenty photo-films from the complete collection of work submitted to the call for participation. Each one selected will be screened during the projection evenings of the festival on the 17, 18 and 19 of September 2015. A jury of professionals will award the Prize of Les Nuits Photographiques to the selected works.
Les Nuits Photographiques’ Prizes will be announced during the closing ceremony of the festival on 19 September.
The 2015 jury is :
– Pascal Beausse, In charge of the photographic collections for CNAP
– Valerie Cazin, Director of Binone Galery/ Paris
– Guillaume Chamahian, Director of Les Nuits Photographiques
– François Cheval, Director of Musée Nicéphore-Niépce
– Lucy Conticello, Photography’s director of M – Le Monde
– Nicolas Havette, Les Nuits Photographiques’ co-curator
– Pauline Martin, Musée de l’Elysée in Lausanne
– Patricia Morvan, In charge of cultural projects at Vu Agency
– Barbara Polla, Writer / Director of Alanix Forever Galery / Geneva
– Marie-Pierre Subtil, Editor-in-Chief of 6Mois Magazine
– Christine Vidal, Assistant Director of Le BAL / Paris
– Ericka Weidmann, Editor-in-Chief of L’Oeil de la Photographie
– Eric Wokcik, Executive Officer of Short film’s International Festival, Clermont Ferrand, France
– Barbara Wolffer, Head of the Department of Arts in the City / Paris City Hall / Department of Cultural Affairs
• SPECIAL PRIZE AWARD FROM L’OEIL DE LA PHOTOGRAPHIE
Award of 1000€
The prize awarded by the team of L’Oeil de la Photographie will be broadcasted during a screening evening. The winner will have his photo-film, a photographic portfolio of work and interview in French and English on the web platform. Broadcast rights are offered for a period of 2 years.
• PUBLIC PRIZES
Each evening, the public will vote for its favourite creation..
Conditions for Participation :
WHO? All amateur or professional artists are invited to apply, regardless of age or nationality.
WHEN ? The call for applications is open until 15 June 2015. Selected candidates will be notified by mail during July 2015.
Work will be chosen based on the originality of the artist’s vision and the creativity of their photo-film. The prize is open to all works with no genre limitations. Maximum length : 30 minutes. Each work selected will be considered for all available prizes.
Download Call for applications 2015
L’Oeil de la Photographie is media partner of Les Nuits Photographiques Festival.