With its 4th edition, the Swiss Life Foundation has chosen to reinvent its Prize. It opens the selection of artists at the national level and keeps the Prize alive over a two-year period. The new formula will be presented at the Rencontres de la Photographie in Arles during the opening week from July 1 to July 5, 2019.
The main novelties of this 4th edition:
– Launch of a call for candidatures for already established duos of photographer / composer pairs: online for 4 months, the dedicated platform will be open from July 1st to November 1st, 2019 at https://prixswisslifea4mains.optimytool.com.
– An unprecedented accompaniment of the laureates in their creative work.
– Continuous support by renowned photography and music artistic advisors: Emilia Genuardi and Elsa Janssen, directors of the exhibition, for photography; Olivier Bouley, founder of Pianissimes, for music.
– Valorisation of the joint work and the artists on 2020 and 2021 in institutions and galleries everywhere in France.
The revelation of the work will be done during the 4th edition of salon a ppr oc he in November 2020. It will be followed by an exhibition at the Thierry Bigaignon gallery in Paris in December 2020. In 2021, a private evening with concert / performance will be organized at the Jeu de Paume; while the exhibition will circulate in major regional cities.
– Each laureate will receive a grant of € 15,000 over 2 years, and the Swiss Life Foundation will also cover the production costs of the work.
– A photography and music book on the joint work will be published.
– The winning project will be selected by a jury of professionals from the world of photography and music. #ChooseCulture #SupportLaCreation
Open Café during the Rencontres de la Photographie in Arles: on Wednesday 3 and Thursday 4 July 2019 from 10:30am to 12:30pm, at the MYOP gallery at 5 rue du Cloître in Arles, interested people can exchange with Nathalie Martin, General Delegate of the Foundation, and Elisabeth Parnaudeau, responsible for sponsorship and communication.
The Swiss Life Foundation will also be present during the Night of the Year on Friday, July 5th: Digital After Love. What will remain of our loves?, the winning work of the 3rd edition of the Swiss Life 4-Hand Prize, by Ruppert Pupkin and Oan Kim, was selected to be presented at this event.
The call for applications for the new Swiss Life 4 Hands Prize will be open from Monday 1 July to Friday 1 November 2019 at https://prixswisslifea4mains.optimytool.com/en/.
The final jury will meet in January 2020 to choose the winning duo.
Prix Swiss Life à 4 mains
July 01, 2019 to November 01, 2019