The festival Nuits Photographiques opened its doors last Thursday in Paris’ Pavillon Baudoin. Prizes were attributed Saturday, the final evening of projections.The Nuits Photographiques Prize, a cash prize of €1500 ($1700), was awarded by a jury of professionals* to Valérie Winckler for her series entitled “Peines” with a special mention for “Samsung Galaxy” by Romain Champalaune. Their films were chosen among a selection of 37 projects.The Special Prize (€1000) awarded by L’Oeil de la Photographie, was given toSandra Hoyn for “Jenny’s Saoul“.
During the projections on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings, the public was able to vote for his favorite photofilm.
At L’Oeil de la Photographie, we would like to say how impressed we were with the quality of the projects selected. Each one differed in subject as well as in form, which did not make choosing the winner of the Special Prize easy. So we have decided to share these photofilms with you, showcasing one project every week. Soon, the award-winning films are featured in L’Oeil de la Photographie with interview of photographers.
*The jury was composed by :
– Pascal Beausse, In charge of the photographic collections for CNAP
– Valerie Cazin, Director of Binone Galery/ Paris
– Guillaume Chamahian, Director of Les Nuits Photographiques
– François Cheval, Director of Musée Nicéphore-Niépce
– Lucy Conticello, Photography’s director of M – Le Monde
– Nicolas Havette, Les Nuits Photographiques’ co-curator
– Pauline Martin, Musée de l’Elysée in Lausanne
– Patricia Morvan, In charge of cultural projects at Vu Agency
– Barbara Polla, Writer / Director of Alanix Forever Galery / Geneva
– Marie-Pierre Subtil, Editor-in-Chief of 6Mois Magazine
– Christine Vidal, Assistant Director of Le BAL / Paris
– Ericka Weidmann, Editor-in-Chief of L’Oeil de la Photographie
– Eric Wokcik, Executive Officer of Short film’s International Festival, Clermont Ferrand, France
– Barbara Wolffer, Head of the Department of Arts in the City / Paris City Hall / Department of Cultural Affairs
5th edition of Nuits Photographiques
From September 17th to December 12, 2015
Screening evenings : 17, 18 and 19 September 2015
Pavillon Carré de Baudouin
121 Rue de Ménilmontant