Upcoming workshop : September/October 2020 – April 2021
Deadline: 5th May 2020
- 1st meeting (start of workshop) in September/October 2020
Presentation of workshop and organizers. Group introduction of each participant, presenting and defining each person’s work. Individual meetings the next day to set up the photography project to be carried out during the year.
- 2nd meeting in November 2020 (date to define with the group)
Group presentation of work accomplished since the first meeting. Critique and direction for the continuation of the projects.
- 3rd meeting in April 2021
Discussion and summary of works created during the year. Proposal for the continuation of certain projects.
Founded by JH Engström and Margot Wallard in 2012, Atelier Smedsby is an innovative school of photography on line where teaching happens through workshops in Montreuil, Paris and on the internet.
JH Engström regularly participates to short workshops supported by Margot Wallard who has experience in the organisation of the Atelier Reflexe (Montreuil).
It’s beeing noticed that the participants often return in order to develop those works complet- ed in 5 days and for this reason they decided to create a workshop where time and reflection are at the chore of creative development.
One-year web based workshop
The Atelier Smedsby photo workshop is a one-year distance learning class incorporating three individual/group meetings in Paris. In between meetings in Paris, the participants will report monthly on the progress of their works via Skype.
During these monthly reports, they will be able to ask questions, demonstrate the evolution of their work, receive evaluation and feedback and thus move forward in the accomplish- ment of their personal projects.
These monthly reports are the base of the workshop and we expect them to be well pre- pared by the participants. Of course the participants will have the possibility to communicate with Atelier Smedsby also between these monthly reports as well.
Atelier Smedsby work with an educational platform as a base for the participant’s work and development. The platform is a fantastic tool that we use for the individual Skype meetings every month. Here the participants can also communicate and exchange information with each other. We also have a Facebook page where we make suggestions about exhibitions, books and films etc…
- Identify each participant’s visual language and define their photographic approach.
- Encourage participants to realize both personal and assigned projects.
- Follow the evolution of a photography project.
- Help to develop, realize, and finalize each participant’s project.
- Learn to critique the work of others, and one’s own, at both theoretical and practical levels.
- Find methods for editing the participant ́s work for either books or exhibitions.
- Give advices and discuss how to present your work to school applications, publishers, prices…
- Discover photography culture.
- Our most important objective is to increase the artistic independence for each and every participant.
Since 2012, JH Engström and Margot Wallard are very proud and happy that Atelier Smedsby helped to gain experience and professionalism. They met fantastic people and had the chance to follow a lot of deeply well-conducted projects. Some of these projects have been realized by very concrete results : books, exhibitions and awards.
31 rue du Capitaine Dreyfus 93100 Montreuil
+33 6 21 60 74 54
More information about the workshops on: Atelier SMEDSBY
31 rue du Capitaine Dreyfus 93100 Montreuil, France
February 03, 2020 to May 05, 2020