rive gauche éditions invites professional photographers to submit a personal project which they would like to see published. Bring your material to the table and turn your work into a prestigious photobook ! The goal is to support and promote personal artistic practices and give the winner the support to explore a personal project, through publishing and exhibition.
- No application fee.
- This call is aimed at professional photographers, open to all nationalities and ages.
- This book will act as a vessel for a body of work. To show contemporary photography, it seems important to offer CARTE BLANCHE, no specific theme imposed. The winner should see this book as a coherent work of art in itself, through conceptually driven concepts; the book and the photographs it contains expressing the singularity of his/her individual interpretation.
The laureate will become part of the multidisciplinary project, which will feature:
– A photographic book, published and promoted by rive gauche. The team will offer tailor-made support for the book’s publishing and its distribution, as well as full financial support for the printing of the book which will become part of the rive gauche fast-growing catalogue.
– A dedicated book-launching event accompanied by a solo photographic exhibition displaying a short selection of photographs.
How to submit?
Application should be sent by wetransfer to: [email protected]
What to submit?
– A description of the project/photobook
– 1 or 2 photographic series (30 images max per series) – Short biography, CV
Meetings with shortlisted candidates June 2020
Announcement of the winner July 2020
Launching event in Paris November 2020
About the editor
Nicolas Huet-Greub founded the agency 1718Paris in 2016. He represents photographers with strong and unique styles working on various subjects: still life, portrait, fashion, landscape… and produces advertising campaigns for luxury and fashion brands. In 2019, he founded the Rive Gauche gallery and publishing house dedicated to supporting the self- assigned projects of affiliated photographers. The gallery accompanies them in the development of their artistic practice through publishing and exhibition.
More information on:
Photobook & Exhibition 2020 by Rive Gauche Gallery
May 05, 2020 to June 07, 2020